Baccarat owes its origin to the middle ages when noblemen and members of high society used to play this game. The name of this game is derived from the worst hand a player can get in this game that is a zero. The game play of Baccarat involves betting on three choices provided to the participant in the form of a Banker, a Player and a Tie.
Baccarat is played by using six common decks of cards. In the online version of this game, two hands are dealt to banker and the player. The participant has to bet on the hand which will have the highest total.
The third option is in the form of a tie situation between the Banker and the Player. Baccarat is one of the easiest games to play. Even if you are a new entrant in the world of online gambling you can learn this game in just a few minutes.
It is recommended for the newbies that they should go through tips for playing baccarat before playing with the real money. While playing online baccarat always remember that
- 10s and face cards count as zero.
- Only the last digit of the total of dealt hand is counted.
- Aces usually have value of one.
Button Description for Online Baccarat
Majority of the online Baccarat games come with standard button which include
- Betting Button
- Chips Button
- Deal Button
Betting Button is used to bet upon one out of the three given choices that include the player, the banker and a tie. You can select the amount of money you want to bet by clicking on the chips button. The deal button is used to start the game when you have made a selection to bet upon.
Online Baccarat Game Play
The game play involves the following steps.
- Once you make the bet, the Player and the Banker each receives two cards.
- The Player can then go for a third card in accordance with baccarat rules.
- If the Player’s two-card total is 5 or less, the Player must hit.
- If the player’s two card total is over 5, the Player stands.
- In Online baccarat, the computer automatically deals a third card if the baccarat rules calls for it.
- After the completion of The Player’s hand, The Banker can either opt for a stand or hits.
- The stand-or-hit decision for The Banker is made according to the baccarat rules as mentioned above.
- After completion of both hands, a comparison is made and the higher hand is declared as the winner.
Winnings in Online Baccarat
The winnings for the online baccarat are provided in the following ways.
- A bet placed on the Banker’s hand in case of a win receives an even-money payout minus 5 percent house commission.
- A bet placed on the Player’s hand in case of a win receives an even-money payout without any deduction.
- A bet placed on Tie and in the case of a tie gives out 8-to-1 payout on your bet.
- In the case of a tie you can opt for either of the two first options, bet gets returned.